Katana Graph is an enterprise graph computing system and storage engine. Our technology is the world’s fastest graph processing engine, providing compelling scalability and programmability advantages.
Building on decades of experience in developing state-of-the-art distributed systems, Katana Graph is bringing together experts in hardware acceleration, cloud computing, storage systems, and high-performance computing to help create the platform of the future for data processing and analysis in this new world of specialized hardware and revitalized algorithms.
Katana Graph recently completed a $28.5 million Series A financing round led by Intel Capital with participation from existing and new investors including WRVI Capital, Nepenthe Capital, Dell Technologies Capital, and Redline Capital.
At Katana Graph, we’re building a graph computing system and storage engine that accelerates graph database, analytics, mining, and AI workloads and interoperates with industry-standard storage systems. Our technology sets a new bar as the world’s fastest graph processing engine while providing compelling scalability and programmability advantages and low-latency data ingest and ingress.
We're seeking an experienced engineering leader who will share Katana Graph's passion for innovation at multiple stack layers including graph algorithms, storage technologies, and hardware acceleration to lead our distributed engineering team to success. As VPE, you will oversee product development and delivery, team development and agility, and ensure the team is hitting its mark. You will help the team do their best work by inspiring and instilling a sense of purpose/innovation and removing obstacles that get in the team's way. You will partner with and work across cross-functional teams to ensure engineering efforts are aligned with Katana Graph’s goals. Most importantly, you will help us scale engineering while delivering world-class output.
The VPE will offer technical direction and put the necessary roles and processes in place to ensure sound decisions are made by identifying and surfacing staffing needs, elevating our hiring processes, and scaling our rapidly growing team through a lens of representation and inclusion. You will create cohesion at the engineering management layer, structure, and lead a diverse team for development efficiency as well as plan strategically for the growth, development, and evolution of its team members.
Why Katana Graph?
We are a highly dynamic team of technologists building the world’s fastest graph computing system. In our ecosystem, we are all about bringing together experts in hardware acceleration, cloud computing, storage systems, and high-performance computing to help create the platform of the future for data processing and analysis in this new world of specialized hardware and revitalized algorithms. We are cultivating a global community of creators that foster inspiration, connection, focus, and growth in the graph computing space.
While we are fostering the growth of offices in Austin, the Bay Area, Seattle, and New York, our work environment is remote first. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can, and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We're trailblazers who aren't afraid to stumble because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don't just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You'll Do?
- Lead, mentor, and grow a 20+ distributed, diverse engineering team
- Run day-to-day engineering operations in Agile approach
- Oversee the development, implementation, and execution of multiple projects, ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects; oversee the operating plan and resource allocation for the department, including prioritization and staff deployment; acts based on changed priorities
- Drive product delivery and results, making progress through action during periods of scale
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and marketing to ship next-generation products and increase cohesion between product/design and engineering
- Determine OKRs, project planning, and resource requirements to accomplish projects and support users
- Formulate and execute the process and organizational improvements (establish coding standards, best practices, tech tools adoption) which enhancing overall effectiveness; proactively seek ways to improve people and management processes
- Manage engineering morale, retention, culture, and performance
- Provide career development, coaching, mentorship, and sponsorship, while cultivating emerging leaders
What We're Looking For?
- You are a great manager and team builder
- You have experience with distributed systems, SaaS product launches, database and/or database platform development
- You have experience with cross-platform client development
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You share our vision
- You value diverse and inclusive teams
- You're self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality and excellence - it drives you
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers