Katana Graph is an enterprise graph computing system and storage engine. Our technology is the world’s fastest graph processing engine, providing compelling scalability and programmability advantages.
Building on decades of experience in developing state-of-the-art distributed systems, Katana Graph is bringing together experts in hardware acceleration, cloud computing, storage systems, and high-performance computing to help create the platform of the future for data processing and analysis in this new world of specialized hardware and revitalized algorithms.
Katana Graph recently completed a $28.5 million Series A financing round led by Intel Capital with participation from existing and new investors including WRVI Capital, Nepenthe Capital, Dell Technologies Capital, and Redline Capital.
To deliver on this mission we are looking for a Quality-focused Senior Performance Engineer to drive key projects. Production Engineering sets the tone for product and operational Quality standards. This role will be both hands-on, working alongside other Engineers to extend our performance tests and frameworks, work with dev teams to support gathering critical metrics, and act as a technical lead across multiple Quality initiatives.
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will strategize on and execute a battery of tests to reveal performance, scale and stability bottlenecks within our graph computing platform, and provide guidance and potentially implementation help to the team to improve the performance of components in the platform. As our customer base grows you will help achieve higher adoption without compromising on performance and stability
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability
- Root cause performance and scalability issues and contribute to product code to alleviate these issues
- Optimize sizing of deployed component instances for cost optimization
- Develop performance and scale characterization and test plans based on deep understanding of domain, architecture and product tech stack
- Design and implement relevant simulators to ingest large scale data
- Design, implement and maintain test frameworks
- Support extended teams in troubleshooting problems, such as system malfunctions
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the product
- Deploy and manage AWS, GCP, Azure instances to orchestrate the scale and performance characterization pipeline.
- Track test results as query-able time series data and alert upon failure in an automated fashion
- Support test failure troubleshooting in various relevant pipelines
- Support troubleshooting of customer reported scale and performance bugs and close the test coverage loop
- Partner with other performance engineers and developers to develop best practices, author blogs and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, focusing on performance, scale
- 2+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring scale/performance engineers
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
- Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac/ Linux/ Windows)
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting OS level performance issues
- Expertise troubleshooting large scale data ingestion issues
- Understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to lead discussions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Experience with persistence layer scale and performance troubleshooting
- Experience with AWS, open source tools such as Kafka
- Good understanding of virtualization is a plus